Terms and conditions
- "this Site" refers to all internet pages in the www.comitproject domain;
- "Comit" refers to any person or organisation, whether or not commercial, involved in any part of the design, development, management, response-handling, marketing, promotion or other similar aspects of this Site;
- "User" refers to any person viewing or interacting with this Site, including "you";
- "Content" refers to any text, photograph or other image presented on this Site to Users by Comit.
- Comit hereby grants to visitors to this World Wide Web Site access to these pages conditional upon your agreement to accept the application of the laws of England to govern matters between us in relation to this web site and you agree to indemnify us and not hold us liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from your actions you may take based on the information contained in this Web Site, whether arising from negligence, misrepresentation, breach of any statutory duty, or of any condition, warranty or term (express or implied) of any contract, agreement or otherwise and whether such loss is direct, indirect, special or consequential.
- The Information on this Web Site is intended for help and information purposes only. Neither Comit or any of its employees, agents or sub-contractors make any warranty, express or implied, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site or any web site referred to. Those who access the site or any site referred to should take appropriate steps to verify all such information.
- This Site links to websites operated by third parties. Comit does not control these third party websites and is not responsible for their content. The presence on this Site of a link or reference to a website operated by a third party does not imply any endorsement, recommendation or favouring by Comit of that third party or of any products or services advertised, or other information or content featured on that website. Nor does it constitute any assurance by Comit that website has in place security measures to protect information which you may submit online.
- Except where otherwise expressed, all opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information content made available through this Site are those of third parties and not of Comit and should not be relied upon. Comit is not responsible for the opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information provided on this Site. Comit does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on this Site and neither adopts nor endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made. Comit is not responsible for any Content that is illegal, offensive or otherwise actionable. Under no circumstances will Comit be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's reliance on information or other Content posted on this Site or transmitted to Users.
- Comit reserves the right, but has no obligation, to edit or remove any Content without question, reason or notice.
- The Content made available in this Site is provided "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to all implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement of any third party rights including, without limitation, intellectual property rights. Comit does not warrant that the Content will be error free, nor free of viruses, nor free from defamatory, offensive, infringing or other harmful matter. You assume the entire cost of any necessary service, repair, or correction. The Content may include inaccuracies or typographical errors that will be corrected as they are discovered at Comit's sole discretion. You acknowledge that Comit has not undertaken any verification of Content featured on this Site.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- Under no circumstances shall Comit, nor affiliates, staff, agents or suppliers, be liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential, or other damages (including without limitation lost profits, lost revenues, or similar economic loss), whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, arising out of the use or inability to use the Content available in this Site or any linked site, even if Comit is advised of the possibility thereof, nor for any claim by a third party.
- Comit hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, including without limitation, any warranties to the availability, accuracy, or information, products or services, and any warranties of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Comit shall in no event be liable for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of records for any cause of action.
You agree to defend, fully indemnify and keep fully indemnified at all times, and hold harmless Comit , its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities, damages and expenses (including reasonable fees) relating to or arising out of your use of this Site including, without limitation, any infringement of any third party's rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights and rights of privacy and publicity) and any unlawful material you submit to this Site (including without limitation material which is or could be deemed defamatory, obscene, offensive, inaccurate, blasphemous, threatening or illegal), including any breach by you of the terms of this agreement.
In the event any term or condition of this agreement is prohibited by local or other law, this agreement shall be construed in such a manner as to give force and effect to every lawful provision.
The details provided by you on registration or at any time are important. The registered user undertakes to ensure that they are correct and complete. You undertake to inform us immediately of any changes to the information you provided when registering by updating your personal details.
9. Password and Security
When you register to use the Comit site you will be sent a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. Please note that you will be responsible for activities under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us immediately.
- We treat your privacy seriously and we understand that you would wish to know how we shall use the information we collect from your use of the Comit site. Please see our Privacy Statement which forms a part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Comit is not responsible for privacy practices of third party websites linked to this Site. Comit undertakes not to disclose any of your personal information to third parties. Comit follows strict security procedures in the storage of your personal information to prevent unauthorised access.
11. Copyrights and trademarks
All Content and materials on this Site, save where otherwise expressed, are subject to copyright and are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. No logo, graphic, text, sound or image from this website may be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without Comit's prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein, Comit does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights or trademarks.
12. Subscription Refund Policy
Payment: The Comit year is to 30 September each year. Invoicing takes place in October (or at the time that new member's join). Members must pay their subscription in full and accept that this is a commitment for the year. .
Refunds: Should a member wish to resign part way through the COMIT year, our policy is that refunds are not issued. If there are mitigating circumstances this will need to be put to the Secretariat and any decision will be at their discretion..
Payment Terms: Major COMIT events are usually organised by a third party and members will be subject to the organiser's conditions concerning payment terms and cancellations / refund policy.
Preferential Rates: It is usual where COMIT is supporting an event for COMIT members to receive preferential rates for conference attendance / exhibition space.
Substitutions: Substitution of a delegate is welcome at any time prior to the event day, provided the event organiser has been notified.